LAST UPDATED: 10 August 2015
A cookie is a text-only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer's hard disk, so that the website can remember certain information. Cookies cannot be used by themselves to identify you.
Currently, two types of cookies are used on this Website. However, cookies may be changed at any time by updating this posting. Please refer to the “Last Updated” legend at the top of this posting.
Session cookies are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site.
We use session cookies to:
• Carry information across pages of our Website and maintain your preferred language throughout the session. This cookie will be initiated each time you affirm your age on our Website.
• Follow the customer journey by identifying you with a customer number while you shop; keeping track of the items in your shopping cart if you choose to shop as a guest; and allowing guests to edit their orders.
Persistent cookies remain in the cookie file of your browser even after the browser is closed. The length of time a cookie remains depends on its lifespan.
We use persistent cookies to:
• Help us recognize that you have already affirmed your age with the Website. Your date of birth is held within this cookie for two hours. After two hours, you will be prompted to affirm your age again to gain entry to our Website.
• Allow re-entry to the website without having to affirm your age by entering your date of birth if the “Remember Me” option is chosen. This cookie expires one year after the “Remember Me” option has been selected.
• Track the number of entries to a contest/sweepstakes/prize draw. If a contest/sweepstakes/prize draw allows only one entry per day, a cookie may be used to prevent multiple entries. This type of cookie is used only if you enter a contest/sweepstakes/prize draw.
• Follow the customer journey while you shop by knowing your preferences when you login to the site (if you allow cookies, the currency you prefer, messages you might receive, whether you allow caching, your shopping cart and the language you have chosen the site to display in); keeping track of the products you have recently viewed and items you have compared; displaying your Wish List and the history of your shopping cart if you need to know; showing you polls you have voted on; and items you have emailed to friends.
• Generate anonymous, aggregated statistics about the visitors to this Website by using Google Analytics. These statistics help us understand how users navigate the Website and help us improve the structure of our Website. These statistics include for example: most popular and least popular pages visited, amount of time visitors stay on the site and the percentage of visitors that leave the site before entering their birth date. These cookies expire within two years after you leave the Website. Google offers instructions to opt out of tracking by Google Analytics across all websites at http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Note that most browsers are initially set to accept cookies. However, you have the ability to disable cookies if you wish, generally through changing the internet software browsing settings. It may also be possible to change the settings to enable acceptance of specific cookies. Please refer to the help section on your browser. If cookies are disabled you will be unable to access our Website.
For more information about cookies and how to disable them please visit www.allaboutcookies.org
©2017 Brown-Forman Beverages, Europe, Ltd. All Rights Reserved.