Jack Daniel's Store CANCELLATION AND RETURNS Policy
LAST UPDATED: 12 November 2018
This Cancellation and Returns Policy sets out your rights to cancel the contract. The terms set out in this policy are part of our Terms of Sale. Please make sure you have read and understood both this Cancellation and Returns Policy and our Terms of Sale before placing an order with us to buy our products. Please read our Terms of Sale.
Sometimes, we might change this Cancellation and Returns Policy, so please check them each time you order something, but don’t worry, if you have already placed an order then the terms that were in place at the time you placed the order will continue to apply.
1. Your Right to Cancel Your Order With Us.
We hope that you will be happy with the products you order; however, if you are not satisfied with your order for any reason, or simply change your mind, you may be able to cancel even after receipt of the products. Your right to cancel your order will depend on what you have bought, whether there is anything wrong with it, how we are performing, and when you decide to cancel. Please therefore read this Cancellation and Returns Policy in order to understand under what circumstances you are able to return your product or cancel your order.
In the case of sale of “Bundle” items (i.e. when you purchase any one of our products via our website that are to be bought together and defined as Bundle items) these products are deemed to be one product for the purposes of this Cancellation and Return Policy. Any rights afforded in this Cancellation and Return Policy only apply to bundled products when you return both products to us.
2. Your Right to Change Your Mind.
2.1 Changing your mind before you have received your order: You can change your mind and decide to cancel your Contract at any time before your order is dispatched.. Please contact us using the details set out at paragraph 5.1 below, and provided that your products have not been dispatched, we will cancel your order and we will not charge you for the products. You will receive an email from us to confirm your cancellation.
2.2 Changing your mind after you have received your order: If you change your mind and decide to cancel but we have already dispatched your products to you, or if you have already received them, then you must notify us within 28 days from dispatch of the product(s) from us and return the products. Please contact us using the details set out at paragraph 5.1 below. After you have notified us that you have changed your mind, you will receive an email from us to confirm your cancellation. To return the products please follow the returns instructions set out at paragraphs 5.2 and 5.3 below.
2.3 When you do not have the right to change your mind: You do not have a right to change your mind in respect of personalized products, or in respect of sealed products, if these have been unsealed after you receive them (sealed products include, for example, all bottled drinks products), or in respect of any products later than 28 days’ from the day the products are dispatched.
3. Your Right to Cancel Because of Something We Have Done or Are Going to Do.
3.1 You have the right to cancel your order before you receive your products if:
- (a) we have told you about an error in the price or description of the product you have ordered and you do not wish to proceed;
- (b) we have notified you that there is a risk that our delivery of your order may be significantly delayed, or delivery of your order is in fact significantly delayed; or
- (c) we have told you about an upcoming change to the product or these terms which you do not agree to.
To cancel your order, please contact us using the details set out at paragraph 5.1 below. Provided that your products have not been dispatched, we will not charge your payment you for the products. You will receive an email from us to confirm your cancellation.
3.2 You have the right to cancel your order if we deliver the products later than 10 working days from dispatch from us, or not in the correct quantity. To cancel your order, please contact us using the details set out at paragraph 5.1 below and we will refund the cost of the product and any delivery charges. We may require any products which we have delivered to be returned to us, which we will arrange at your convenience.
4. If There is a Problem With the Product.
4.1 It is our aim to ensure that all products supplied to you arrive in perfect condition. If your parcel shows signs of damage or leakage at the time of delivery then please do not accept delivery.
However, if following delivery you discover that we have delivered a product which is damaged, defective, faulty or is not as we described on the website, you have the right to cancel your order and receive a refund. Please let us know as soon as possible by contacting us using the details set out at paragraph 5.1 below and we will refund the cost of the product and any delivery charges.
We may require faulty bottles to be returned to us, which we will arrange at your convenience.
5. How to Notify Us of Your Intention to Cancel.
5.1 Tell us you want to end the contract. To end the contract with us please let us know by doing one of the following:
- (a) Phone or email. Call our customer service team on 0333 202 6388 or us at CustomerService@JackDaniels.co.uk. Please confirm your name, home address, details of the order, the reason why you are cancelling or returning your order.
- (b) By post. Complete the returns form enclosed in your order and post it to us at the address on the form.
To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel this contract by a clear statement. You may wish to use the following model cancellation form but it is not obligatory:
TO Brown-Forman Beverages Europe Limited
I/We[*] hereby give notice that I/we[*] cancel my/our contract of sale of the following goods
( *complete / delete as appropriate)
Ordered on/received on[*]
Order reference number (as shown on dispatch note and parcel label)
Reason for cancellation or return
Name of consumer(s)
Address of consumer(s)
5.2 Returning products after cancellation. If you cancel for any reason after the products have been dispatched to you or you have received them, you must return them to us at the following address. BF Returns, Unit 26 Broadgate, Oldham Broadway Business Park, Chadderton, Oldham, OL9 9XA. You must post them back to us or (if they are not suitable for posting) allow us to collect them from you.
5.3 If you are exercising your right to change your mind you must send off the products to us within 14 days of telling us you wish to cancel.
5.4 When we will pay the costs of return. We will pay the costs of return:
- (a) if the products are faulty or misdescribed; or
- (b) if you are cancelling the contract because we delivered the products late, or because you have a legal right to do so as a result of something we have done wrong.
In all other circumstances (including where you are exercising your right to change your mind) you must pay the costs of return.
5.5 How we will refund you. We will refund you the price you paid for the products including delivery costs, by the method you used for payment. However, we may make deductions from the price, as described below.
5.6 Deductions from refunds. If you are exercising your right to change your mind:
- (a) We may reduce your refund of the price (excluding delivery costs) to reflect any reduction in the value of the products if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop. If we refund you the price paid before we are able to inspect the products and later discover you have handled them in an unacceptable way, you must pay us an appropriate amount.
- (b) The maximum refund for delivery costs will be the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery method we offer.
5.7 When your refund will be made. We will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible. If you are exercising your right to change your mind then:
- (a) Your refund will be made within 14 days from the day on which we receive the product back from you or, if earlier, the day on which you provide us with evidence that you have sent the product back to us.
- (b) Once the order has been returned back to us, you will receive an email letting you know that we have received the returned order.
- (c) In all other cases, your refund will be made within 14 days of your telling us you have changed your mind. Once the return has been processed, you will receive an email from us letting you know that the return process is complete and your card or PayPal account has been credited.
PLEASE DRINK RESPONSIBLY.
©2018 Brown-Forman Beverages, Europe, Ltd. All Rights Reserved.