This cocktail is a tip of the hat to The Red Dog Saloon. The lesser known of Mr. Jack’s two saloons on Lynchburg town square. Jack always was a fan of the underdogs.
- - 35ml Jack Daniel’s Old No.7 Tennessee Whiskey
- - 12.5ml Benedictine® (Galliano® if not available)
- - 10ml Lemon Juice
- - 2 Bar Spoons Apricot Jam
- - 2 Dashes Angostura Bitters®
- - Crushed Ice
- GARNISH: Orange zest twist and sprig of mint leaves
- GLASS: Tall highball glass
- METHOD: Shake all ingredients in a cocktail shaker then strain into a highball glass over crushed ice.