LAST UPDATED: 1 November 2016
This Website is operated by Brown-Forman Beverages, Europe, Ltd. (registered in the United Kingdom) (“Company”), and any personal data collected through this Website is controlled by Company, an affiliate of the Brown-Forman Corporation (“BFC”). Company wants you to be familiar with how we collect, use and disclose personal data in compliance with applicable data protection law.
Persons under legal drinking age are not allowed.
BFC maintains this Website for the use of individuals who are of legal age to consume alcoholic beverages under applicable law. You must be of legal drinking age where you reside to access the Website or provide information to us, and you must be in a country or territory where access to this Website is permitted. We do not solicit or knowingly collect personal information from persons under such legal drinking age, and we do not knowingly market our products or services to persons under such legal drinking age.
2. What Types of Data Does Company Collect?
When you visit and interact with the Website, Company, and third parties with whom Company has contracted to provide services, may collect data such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, operating system and browser type, or your general Internet usage. However, none of this information is stored in your specific consumer record. We collect and store this information in the aggregate only. Such information is generally collected from the following sources:
• Server Log Files. We use W3C* compliant extended log files when recording web-server activity on our web servers including, for example, the IP address (a number automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider), time and date of request, page requested, user agent, referrer and cookie values sent or received. The server log files are collected and analyzed to provide information about user activity in the aggregate and identify potential errors or problems with website performance. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many websites. *W3C is an international consortium that develops web standards and guidelines. Further information is available at www.w3c.org.
• Environmental Variables. We and our service providers may also collect certain environmental variables, such as your computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, OS version, Internet browser, and Internet browser version. These environmental variables are collected by most browsers and can be used to optimize your experience on the Website.
• Pixel Tags. We and our service providers may also use so-called "pixel tags," "web beacons," "clear GIFs" or similar means (collectively, "Pixel Tags") in connection with some Website pages and HTML-formatted e-mail messages to, among other things, compile aggregate statistics about Website usage and response rates. A Pixel Tag is an electronic image, often a single pixel (1x1), that is ordinarily not visible to Website visitors and may be associated with Cookies on the visitors’ hard drives. When used in HTML-formatted e-mail messages, Pixel Tags can tell the sender whether and when the e-mail has been opened.
3. How Does Company Use and Share Information Collected From Me?
Personal data will be used and held by Company and may be used or held by BFC and its affiliated companies www.brown-forman.com/10kfiling and their agents or partners who will provide services to Company, including but without limitation our third party processing and order fulfillment partners. Unless required to by law, we will not share, sell, exchange or otherwise distribute your personal data to unaffiliated third parties without your consent or as set out below:
• Fulfillment of Requests. Company may use personal data you provide for the purposes of carrying out your requests submitted through the Website, including to send you brand information or process transactions or respond to your inquiries or requests.
• Administrative Communications. From time to time we may use personal data to send to you important information regarding the Website. Because this information may be important to your use of the Website, you may not opt out of receiving such communications.
• Other Communications. We may use personal data to contact you by post, e-mail, telephone or SMS, to promote, to consider ways of improving, and to send you information about, Jack Daniel’s products and services. If you do not wish to receive further promotional material, you can send us an e-mail (see details in Section 9 below).
By using our send-to-a-friend functionality, you confirm that all friends you nominate to receive messages are of legal drinking age in the country where they reside and that they have consented to receiving the email(s) from this Website that you request us to send.
• Internal Business and Statistical Analysis. We may use personal data for our internal business purposes, such as quality assurance, data analysis, audits or targeted promotions. In addition, we may also use it to enhance our information and to aid us in providing our customers with targeted promotions. We use personal data to estimate our audience size and usage pattern and to recognize you when you return to our Website.
• Service Providers. We may share personal data with third party service providers for the purpose of enabling these third parties to provide services to us (“Service Providers”). Service Providers may include customer support specialists, web hosting providers, customer data management and list enhancement companies, fulfillment companies (e.g., companies that fill product orders or coordinate mailings), data analysis firms and email service providers. Service Providers may be provided with access to personal data needed to perform their functions, we have taken steps to ensure that our service providers, provide the necessary level of protection for your information.
• Information Posted by Visitors. Company may make available through the Website services such as message boards to which you are able to post information, photos, images and other materials. Please note that any information, photos, images or materials you disclose through such services or otherwise on the Website becomes public information, and may be available to visitors to the Website all over the world and to the general public. In addition, when you choose to make a posting on such services, certain personal data will be available for other users to view. We urge you to exercise discretion and caution when deciding to disclose personal data, or any other information, on the Website. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE OF ANY PERSONAL DATA YOU VOLUNTARILY DISCLOSE THROUGH THE WEBSITE.
• Assignment. We reserve the right to transfer any and all information that we collect from Website users to another company or entity in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of Company’s business, assets or stock (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
• Law Enforcement; Emergencies; Compliance. We reserve the right to disclose personal data to others (a) to comply with legal process; (b) to respond to requests from government or other public authorities; (c) to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of Company, you or others; and (d) to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
4. Third-Party Websites.
5. Information Related to Employment.
If you choose to submit your resume or apply for a position with us through this Website, we will use (and transfer, if necessary) the information you provide in order to evaluate your experience as it relates to potential employment opportunities with Company or our affiliated companies throughout the world. We will use the information to contact you regarding any positions for which we believe you may be interested in submitting an application or other opportunities at Company or our affiliates that we think may interest you.
We have security measures and tools, such as firewalls, in place to help protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please do not send us sensitive personal data in an email.
Online purchases take place safely, using the latest internet security technology to protect our customers. We accept orders only from web browsers that can use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology - this means you cannot inadvertently place an order through an unsecured connection. Most web browsers now support this.
When you become a Registered User, we ask for your name, address, date of birth and phone number. We also ask for your credit or debit card number and its expiry date. Your order history information is maintained in order to service your account.
Credit card transactions are subject to routine searches from time to time. We undertake these searches in association with licensed credit agencies to detect and prevent fraud.
If false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud is detected, details will be passed to eBay Enterprises and their fraud prevention agency. Law enforcement agencies may access and use this information. We and other organisations may also access and use this information to prevent fraud and money laundering, for example when:
• Checking details on applications for credit and credit related or other facilities
• Managing credit and credit related accounts or facilities
• Recovering debt.
7. Retaining Personal Data.
8. Your Rights
You may request information as to the personal data we hold about you. Where appropriate, you may also object to us processing certain types of information for certain types of purposes or you may require correction and/or deletion of the personal data we hold about you. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us (see details in Section 9 below). We may require you to prove your identity and supply details in order to identify the data.
You may also opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us (see details in Section 9 below). Please specify the means of communication from which you would like to opt-out. Otherwise, you may not get the communications you would otherwise expect to receive from us.
9. Contacting Us.
©2017 Brown-Forman Beverages, Europe, Ltd. All Rights Reserved.